1 month coming up

Hi Guys, after 26 years i never ever thought i would be saying this, today ... well in 2 hours time sees day 25 completed for me, im gobsmacked and well chuffed to say the least, i even done my first complete day today without the inhaler :eek: I done it, it really has not bothered me, there were a couple of times after a cuppa in the lorry today i felt the habit was trying to call me but nothing serious at all ;)

Im back at work in the morning at 4am to face another day of smoke free bliss

Great to be here guys ... this forum definately helps ;)

Hope you are all doing ok too ;)

Here are my current stats .........

I have been quit for 3 Weeks, 3 Days, 22 hours, 7 minutes and 8 seconds (24 days). I have saved £30.83 by not smoking 1,121 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Days, 21 hours and 25 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 31/03/2009 23:00

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic Gaz

I'm a lorry driver aswell... and no exactly what you are going through...It's a gr8 feeling knowing that you have done it !!!

The feelings get better as the days and weeks go on !!!!:cool:

Keep it up buddy !!!!

P.s You can join the- Mad March Quitter - MMQ Crew!

• Hi Gaz :D

25 days completed well done you have every right to be proud of yourself

Love

Marg xxxxxx

• Hi Gaz,

Congratulations on 25 days. Excellent stuff. Keep strong and keep going. :D

Deke

• Cheers Greg ... Appreciated mate ;)

Its amazing the amount of other drivers that come past/overtake you, you see at the wheel ... im noticing them even more now.

I work weekends only... trunking, so i dont have a dedicated tractor unit i have a choice of 30 but some of them are driven by regular drivers who are heavy smokers, my God when i get in some of them now, it makes me feel bad.

Luckily the one i have this weekend is driven by a non smoker and smells gorgeous :D

I cant believe im saying this lol what a turn around

• Thanks Marg & Deke ;)

• Yeh Gaz, I know how you feel about the smell.... mine must have stunk lol .... dosent now :D

One of my favourite pics I took of my motor.... lol ur not likely to see me down ur way tho ... but you never know....

file044a.bebo.com/3/origina...

• Nice rig Greg, im as likely to see you down here as me being up there lol

• Well done Gaz..since most people consider us as brummie's then we should say we are not as thick as people think Brummies are....Coz we not smoking...we not smoking **said in her best singin voice**

Talking of singers..have you heard of Wolverhamptons top talent?

Well my Daughter auditioned and is through to next round which is at the civic hall next month.

Happy days!!

Nikki :D

• Well done Gaz

Stay strong you are doing great.

All the best

Nic

• Well done Gaz

Stay strong you are doing great.

All the best

Nic

Cheers Nic ... i think ive got this sussed now mate to be honest ;)

Regards Gaz.

• Well done Gaz..since most people consider us as brummie's then we should say we are not as thick as people think Brummies are....Coz we not smoking...we not smoking **said in her best singin voice**

Talking of singers..have you heard of Wolverhamptons top talent?

Well my Daughter auditioned and is through to next round which is at the civic hall next month.

Happy days!!

Nikki :D

Lol ... we aye brummies, where yo comin from

Weem just non smokers ;)

Well done with your quit mate by the way ;)

Best of luck to your daughter

You may also like...