LUPUS UK
20,854 members16,554 posts

Blood

Hello guys an update for u all.

As u all know I have been feeling pretty crap for a few months now (since June), after having a number of blood transfusions & 2 bone marrow tests done, I have been given a confirmed diagnosis.

I saw the consultant today (along with my hubby), who has confirmed that I have acute myeloid leukemia. I have to have another blood transfusion on Friday, then start a course of aggressive chemo in about 2 weeks, followed by a bone marrow transplant. I shall loose my hair (this I'm not bothered about).

They say that they've caught it at the start & treatment should start straight away. As u can imagine this has come as a shock, even though we were semi told 2 weeks ago.

Love Aly xxx

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Big hugs to you!! Best of luck with your treatment and I wish you all the best. Try and stay strong and you will get through this I'm sure.

My thoughts are with you and best wishes xxx

Gosh this is quite some diagnosis. I will think of you often and hold you tight in my "thoughts"

I feel you have the support of a loving hubby and together you will meet this challenge and overcome everything that comes your way. Take care xxx

Difficult times for you and Sending you Best Wishes for lots of strength for your treatment ahead xx

good luck and all the best for your recovery. you are starting treatment that will get you better soon. x

Very best wishes keep positive love and light coming your way x

I can imagine how devastated you must have felt at this diagnosis. My thoughts are with you and best wishes for your treatment. Hugs xx

Thank u for all your comments, they mean so much. I will try & keep u all posted throughout my treatments....xxx

god bless you,good luck with all your treatments xx

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. Wishing you all the best for your treatment x

You may also like...