Gluten free Easter biscuits/cakes - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

51,782 members โ€ข 9,608 posts

Gluten free Easter biscuits/cakes

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator
โ€ข19 Replies

Hi everyone,

There's no success like failure and these are supposed to be biscuits LOL the good news is they taste real good.

I ground sesame seeds and quinoa in my coffee grinder, there was 75g and added that to 150g S/R gluten free flour 150g butter 150g currants 120g soft brown sugar 2 med eggs and 1/2 tea spoon of mixed spice. whizzed it all up in my food processor and spread in a baking tray with flaked almonds on top and baked for about 40mins on 150C.

I should really have made 2 trays of them but these things happen, they're perfect with a cuppa and especially in the garden. As you can see by the photo they don't exactly look like biscuits...but I can live with that. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Enjoy your afternoon folks and life is what we make it so stay safe and well and enjoy the sunshine if you can.

19 Replies
โ€ข
Kitten-whiskers profile image
Kitten-whiskersVegan star

They look delicious Jerry, go very well with a cup of tea ๐Ÿ˜ - mixed spices, yummy.

They would go very well with Alpro cream, custard or of course swedish glace

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Kitten-whiskers

Hey thanks Debs and you're a genius, what a lovely thought...๐Ÿ˜

Hidden profile image
Hidden

Ooh they do look good! ๐Ÿ˜‹

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Hidden

Hey thanks Hidden I've managed two so far...๐Ÿ˜

Never mind that these don't necessarily look like conventional biscuits... The biscuit vs cake debate is far from over (are you listening, McVities? ;) )

These look so tempting that I've even written down the recipe - and I barely ever venture into the kitchen (MrDrivenSnow being largely responsible for our eats - and rightly so! ๐Ÿœ๐Ÿ๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฅ˜๐Ÿฅ™๐Ÿฅ—๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ—๐Ÿ”๐Ÿž๐ŸŒฎ)

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to TheDrivenSnow

Hey thanks TheDrivenSnow and aren't you lucky. ๐Ÿ˜

Hidden profile image
Hidden

They look really good Jerry, it doesn't matter what they look like, it's what they taste like, as they say 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating'.

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Hidden

Hey thanks Alicia and I agree with that and I'm keen on puddings too....๐Ÿ˜

Hidden profile image
Hidden in reply to Jerry

Well who's not keen on a pudding, a melt in the middle gooey chocolate one๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‹

They look good Jerry! Just because the recipe said they are biscuits doesnโ€™t mean thatโ€™s what they have to be! ๐Ÿ˜

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Callendersgal

Thanks Callendersgal I've made them before and use plain flour so I messed up LOL ๐Ÿ˜

Callendersgal profile image
CallendersgalGuest in reply to Jerry

Haha, been there and done that! ๐Ÿ˜€

Zest profile image
ZestStar

Wow, they look scrumptious!

Zest :-)

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Zest

Awe thanks Zest and it's nice to see you about ๐Ÿ˜

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Thanks Hidden I'm enjoying them... ๐Ÿ‘

Thank you for this recipe. I will try a version with teff and maple syrup as well as flaxseeds instead of eggs and report back to you. Happy Easter. Vx

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to TheMoaningViolet

Hey thanks TheMoaningViolet thats sounds a good swap and gram flour is a great egg replacer so lots of options. ๐Ÿ˜€

I think they look perfect Jerry I definitely would have one (or two!) Of those with a cuppa ๐Ÿ˜

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Northlondongirl

Awe thanks Northlondongirl thats appreciated and I do like my cakes...๐Ÿ˜

You may also like...