Country vegetable and bean soup πŸ₯•πŸ₯£ πŸ₯¦ - Healthy Eating

Healthy Eating

51,204 members β€’ 9,316 posts

Country vegetable and bean soup πŸ₯•πŸ₯£ πŸ₯¦

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator
β€’14 Replies

Hi everyone,

I've been enjoying nice warming soups recently, I like to slow cook them on my stove and I could've made dumplings and had this as a stew as its a complete meal with lots of local organic veg and a tin of organic mixed beans all just cooked gently together. I love vegetables cooked together as they so compliment one another.

A nice simple and easy soup which's gluten free and plant based.

Jerry 😊

14 Replies
β€’
Zest profile image
ZestStar

Wow Jerry

That is a colourful and nutritious looking soup - and as you said, it's nice and simple to make - really great! I bet it was delicious!

Zest :-)

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Zest

Thank you Zest, 😊

crazyfitness profile image
crazyfitnessPWB Guest

You are just like me Jerry, can't beat lots of vegetables cooked together. It looks yummy.πŸ˜‹

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to crazyfitness

Thanks Alicia, it's great when a bowl of veg makes a meal. 😊

crazyfitness profile image
crazyfitnessPWB Guest in reply to Jerry

Isn't it just Jerry, so simple.

Looks yummy!

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to myrtice

Hey thanks myrtice 😊

That sounds and looks Yummy, what kind of herbs? I love to make soup, its always a hit and miss for me.

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Want2BHappy3

Thank you Want2BHappy3 I added ginger black pepper and low salt bouillon. 😊

Want2BHappy3 profile image
Want2BHappy3 in reply to Jerry

Sounds good, I'm a garlic-holic, I put a lot of it in whatever I cook

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Want2BHappy3

Great me too and I cooked onion and garlic in olive oil to soften before adding the other ingredients I also use dried garlic. So good luck with your soup making. 😊

That's a lovely warming soup, I could eat that every day, you always choose a great mix of veg/ingredients. Any ideas for a tasty veggi sausage roll? or something to take in the picnic basket.

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to zube-UK

Thank you zube-UK I don't make pastry often because I'm gluten free and one idea for a gluten free vegetarian PicNic is a mini quiche made in a ramekin or tin foil with diced potatoes instead of pastry, or with mashed potato as instead of a pastry base.

I make them often in the summer as they are great hot or cold so here's a link:

healthunlocked.com/healthye...

Jerry 😊

Thank you for that link Jerry, those mini quiche look good, never thought of using potato base instead of pastry but definately will. I choose gf, although I have never been tested for celiac, I find gf easier to digest, I'm delighted to see more of it available now in Lidl.

You may also like...