Healthy Eating
32,756 members โ€ข 4,662 posts

Quinoa and chestnut-mushroom casserole ๐Ÿฅ˜

Quinoa and chestnut-mushroom casserole ๐Ÿฅ˜

Good evening folks, this is the oddest casserole that I've ever made as its more of a bake to me than a casserole. But I saw the recipe on an interesting site and thought I'll have a pop at that and I noticed that is was both GF and vegan.

You cook quinoa and add it to chestnut mushrooms onions, garlic + veg, herbs, that are gently fried in olive oil. Then add coconut milk and tapioca starch and bake. This gives it a very interesting texture.

I do like how quinoa has these little curls when its cooked...๐Ÿ˜Š

17 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Hi Jerry,

Your Casserole looks lovely! I bet it was tasty.

Zest :-)

3 likes

Thank you Zest ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Looks lovely Jerry, I bought some quinoa once and it was awful, hoping it was just that brand and the others are edible : >

1 like

Thanks K-w and better luck next time, some people mix quinoa with rice so its half and half ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thats a great idea Jerry, Definately more palatable

Hi Kitten-whiskers Im not so keen on quinoa on its own, but I get a mixed quinoa and bulgar wheat from Tesco which I really like the taste of. It's no good if you're gluten free as bulgar contains gluten but if your just looking for tasty low GI carbs it's great.

Jerry I love the look of your casserole is that red peppers and spinach I see in there?

1 like

Thank you Fran182716, sadly I need Gluten Free but thank you for the reply : >

1 like

Hi Fran and thank you, its sweet red peppers and Cavolo Nero, some people cook rice and quinoa together.

Gluten free is a must for me too ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi Jerry,

This sounds fantastic! I will be trying this after my vacation. Quinoa is a favorite of mine and I love new ideas for it!๐Ÿ˜€ Thank you for sharing this with everyone!

1 like

Hey thanks Leah, quinoa is a super food literally so its great if you like it ๐Ÿ˜Š and enjoy your vacation...๐ŸŽ…

1 like

Thank you so much for letting me know about the benefits of quinoa. I forgot about that itโ€™s a super good!๐Ÿ˜€

Vacation will start tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend and week ahead. Happy holidays!

1 like

Hi Leah, you enjoy your vacation ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Hey thanks L-t, ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐ŸŽ… ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hi Jerry,

I really like the sound of that dish. :)

1 like

Thanks Alicia, ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Lovely cavolo!!! :D

I have some black quinoa that I'm not sure what to do with, for appearance sake, though I often put a layer of red in my red dragon pie. It's such a tasty grain! :)

1 like

Thank you Mel, I like the look of red quinoa the best and have never had black quinoa, I also use quinoa flour in my homemade bread ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...