Hi Guys! I know quiche can seem like a scary dish to make, but it is not as hard as you may think, and it's very healthy! This salmon quiche is packed with protein and omega 3 fatty acids. Try making it and let us know how it comes out!
1 Whole Wheat pie crust
1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 small onion, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
6 eggs, whisked
1 ½ cups milk
¾ cup shredded gruyere
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a clean and floured surface, roll out the pie dough to a ¼ inch thick (if not
using a prepared crust) and fit into a pie tin, cutting off the extra dough. Poke a
few holes in the crust with a fork. Bake crust in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
Once par-baked, remove it from the oven and let cool slightly. Turn the oven
down to 350 degrees.
3. Drain salmon liquid into a cup and reserve. Put salmon in a bowl and remove
large bones and skin; flake salmon.
4. Spread salmon evenly in the baked pie crust; sprinkle with lemon juice.
5. Cook onion in the butter until translucent; transfer to the pie crust and sprinkle
6. Mix 3 tablespoons of the salmon liquid with eggs, milk and cheese. Season with
salt and pepper; pour over salmon and onion. Sprinkle with some extra gruyere.
7. Bake quiche for 45 to 50 minutes, or until firm.
Julianne Scott, Drexel Food Lab