Little things for a an uplift

Hi everyone. Thought I would share a couple of things I'm enjoying lately.

I got free app happify and am enjoying it.

I've discovered perfume. It's an absolute pleasure for me, something we PTSD types can have issues about and tremendous aromatherapy too. I find it's very grounding to focus on my favorite scent and even helps me sleep. Just watch your budget and then indulge. I have been loving the luxury French perfumes in the little $28 sprays at department store fragrance areas or getting free samples. Express interest in a type of scent or brand and you may leave with a sample of very expensive perfume. Not to mention you can test everything!

Indulge, live life, be happy

God bless

13 Replies

• That's great that you found something that brings you a lot of joy. Good for you.

• What a great idea!! I have sorted my yarn stash - that makes me happy as it means I think about new projects.

• Very happy that you've found something that helps you.

I can't do that as it give me migraines.

My happy thing is to craft.

Take care 👍😊

• I go to department stores and always use the testers there

• Thanks for sharing these ideas with us! I'm so encouraged to hear of your enjoyment in the little things. I truly believe happiness and enjoyment of life is a moment by moment endeavor and the small things always add up to the most:).

• I find scents calming myself. Particularly incense, like sandalwood, and dried roses and lavender from the garden. I wish I could bottle sea air...

• Love the sea..."bottle sea air" lol - lovely idea :-)

• That's lovely ! and also a real reminder that we can indulge in simple and easy steps forward towards re-engaging with memories and reality that empower us.

I had a bottle of orange scented perfume crafted for me in Cairo when I was 7 - 8 years in the market square on my birthday.

I saved it, because it represented something which perfected the feeling of joy and complete wholeness that I had felt that day - pure happiness and joy - and so whenever I returned to that bottle of perfume and opened it, I could release its joy once again....

I only need to pick up the bottle to recall the fond unadulterated memories and I feel blessed.

Sadly, the bottle contents have now evaporated; and yet the empty glass bottle still can engender such a powerful response.....

Is this healing or ??

• very nice. IChoose, you posted a hypnosis tape for negative thoughts with a candle, done by a man with a calming voice, forgot his name, do you know how to send a link so I can download it on my ipod? I could not figure out how to download it, when I tried online.

very nice reminder in your post, each moment, little joy things, good for you and thank you

• Hi peacefulandcalm,

I think I found it, you need to copy and paste in your browser:

without the brackets

• Hi peaceful - here is another one by Michael Sealey that I'm using right now. I really rely on his recordings to sleep lately. Just search his name on YouTube. I'm sure there are so many others.

• Thanks, I'm gonna try those too...

• His name is Michael Sealey. Just search his name on YouTube. He has his own channel on YouTube and has a hypnotherapy for nearly everything. I have been listening to him since my first post about him.