Chest and upper back pain

Hi all, had a very stressful few weeks selling and buying a house, it was the worst time of all as nothing went right. Anyway we move into our new home soon.

I am suffering such a lot of pain everywhere, but the worst is in my chest and upper back, I was so worried yesterday as I felt like I was having a heart attack, any little bit of stress or activity starts it off. I read somewhere that tonic water helps with pain, so had some last night I think it may of helped, has anyone else suffered this type of pain, its like knife and burning really bad?

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Firstly you need to go see your doctor as it's never a good thing to be lax when it comes to pain in the chest, it's probably down to stress and anxiety but do go and get it checked xxx

• Hi ,

As above I would make an appointment with the Doctor to discuss your symptoms.

I would like to mention that I have had chest pain, heavy feeling,breathing goes shallow and my personal diagnosis was Costochronditis.

chronicfatigue.about.com/od...

However, because of the other potential possibilities, any chest pain should never be ignored and you should seek medical attention.

Best Wishes

Emma

• i had a pulmorey embolism 3 years ago and nearly died. .i have been left with pain now and again in the middle of my chest... i once told a hospital doctor ( as i went in thinking i had a embolism again) and she told me that because there is muscles around the chest with fibro we would get pain there.. but i do know how u feel.... even last week for 2 days i had a deep pain there right in the middle.. and kept thinking.. should i get this checked or wait.. my husband was annoyed i didnt go and get it checked,,, but now i feel ok.. so maybe get it checked but it might just be the fibro xx good luck x

• Thanks for all your support, it has eased off for the moment still feel the pain front and back but not so severe.

thanks xx

• I went to see my GP following a bit of a frightening pain in my chest and upper back. I was given a good MOT but it appears it is to do with my fibro. I often get pain in my ribs, which I believe to be costochondritis, especially in the space between my boobs, but I have been reassured that my heart is fine!! XX

You may also like...