My teeth

Hi i have RA and fibro and have suffered since i was 39 i'm now 54 along with all my aches and pain i am having alot of trouble with my teeth not hurting but becoming loose,i look after them very well always have done.It is quite distressing i remember a while back my consulant asked me how my teeth were but at the time they were fine and i thought it was a strange question!! Thanks and hope you have a pain free day xx

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi catlady123, here is a link from Health Unlocked NRAS from many years ago that may be of use to you! x

healthunlocked.com/nras/pos...

• Thanks for that very grateful take care x

• You too catlady123 :) xx

• Hi catlady123, hope I can help .I've also been having problems with my teeth , not rotting or infection but becoming loose. My dentist sent me to hospital for a complete. Mouth/jaw x-ray it's come back no infection but rather accelerated bone degeneration in the jaw above my top teeth . Upon research we've come across the belief that it seems fibro/ autoimmune condition suffers ,suffer oral bone degeneration at a greater rate . I also suffer really dry mouth and believe this may be due to medication.,which may need changing. Treatment is ongoing but I'm lucky I have dentist who's happy to discover fibro effects and not just dismiss it . I'm with him again next month so can keep you updated on treatment / causes as they come up if that helps ?

• Thank you so much i would be grateful if you could keep me up dated,i also suffer with a dry mouth.Thanks for your reply take care and have a nice week-end x

• Some of the meds we use can cause problems with teeth, make sure you see your dentist regularly xx

• Thanks i'm on so many and also have weekly injections and now you mention it it seems to have started when my injections did take care have a nice week-end x

• Hi catlady123

I am so genuinely sorry to read this my friend, and I sincerely hope that you can find some resolution to this issue. I have both RA and Osteoporosis and I have lost some back teeth this year. They have simply came lose and fallen out! My doctor said it was a mix of Osteoporosis and gum disease which is now thought to be connected to arthritis.

I have pasted you an excerpt and a link about this below:

Excerpt From Arthritis Foundation:

New research suggests that tooth loss – a marker for periodontal (gum) disease – may predict rheumatoid arthritis and its severity. The more teeth lost, the greater the risk of RA, one study found.

Link To Arthritis Foundation Study:

arthritis.org/living-with-a...

I want to genuinely wish you all the best of luck and please take care of yourself.

All my hopes and dreams for you

Ken

• Thank you so much for your reply the link was very useful and helpful take care and hope you have a nice week-end x

• x :)

You may also like...