Hi everyone

How are you all? Not been on here for a while. Very busy few days. I was wondering if any of you manage any exercise that keeps you feeling fit and helps with pain? I would like to find something to do. I would also like to try losing a bit of weight. I'm not too bad - just still carrying some baby weight! Any advice would be most welcome :)

Tuscany xxx

7 Replies

• I do gentle stretching and also do Tai Chi. x

• I do Tai Chi and stretching, plus I'm trying to build up my stamina walking a bit more and moving around the house as much as I can each day when I am able.

• Hi Tuscany

It is wonderful to hear from you. I do my daily physiotherapy, and I feel that it does help me.

All my hopes and dreams for you

• I go to the gym twice and week and do very gentle exercises. When I first started after Christmas doing 10 minutes on the treadmill on a very slow speed was a huge achievement, and now I can walk a kilometre in 26 minutes (still at walking pace). I also use the weight machines but on the lightest weights and not many repetitions.

At the gym I have to play the delicate balance fibro game of doing enough to actually be properly exercising and not doing too much that I overdo it and, of course, that changes from session to session. Some times I only use the treadmill and then that's enough, other times I can use a few machines but not all of them.

I've found it really boosts my confidence even if I only manage 1 more minute than a previous session.

Good luck finding something that works for you.

• Hi,

You could try cycling, swimming, aqua aerobics. I purchased a mini trampoline and I bounce and jog to my favourite playlist on my iPod. It is easy on the joints. And bouncing on a trampoline for 10 minutes is equal to jogging for 30 minutes. I do bouncing 3 times a week and 30 mins with a resistant band for my muscle strength. Good luck.

• I tried doing yoga...the most gentle kind. I felt great right after. About an hour after, I thought I was going to die. Check out the Melt Method. It deals with inflammation of connective tissue. It seems too easy to work, but it does. I've gotten a lot of relief from it. That and massage have proven to be the only type of extra physical stuff I can do without paying for it.

• Thank you for all of your replies. I particularly like the trampoline idea harmony94. We might get a trampoline for our daughter and then I can go on it too! Also like walking on the treadmill. Everything I have tried so far has made my pain so much worse. Will give all these new ideas a try. Thank you everyone x

You may also like...