A small victory

I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that there's a new "me" who is very different from the old "me". It's a really difficult journey but I have to get there. I'm following the advice I received to celebrate small victories. So here goes:

Yesterday wasn't too bad so I managed to go for my Aqua aerobics class, something I hadn't managed to do in several weeks. I felt like I had walked all the way to the north pole and back!!! After spending so much time in bed, completely wiped out, this was a major victory for me. I'm hoping that I will be able to go on Wednesday as well. I will keep you posted.

Please join me in congratulating myself. I am soooo proud of me 🏆🏆🎉🎊🎈⭐️⭐️ Hip hip hip!!! Hooray!!

12 Replies

• That is brilliant well done You every small step is a giant one for us so congrats from me Ginsing

• Well done.

Sue x

• Woohoo! Nice work!

I'm celebrating for you with a good strong brew :) xx

• That's fab, well done. It's a great feeling when you manage to achieve a small yet massive thing. X

• That is brilliant! Well done. I don't think people who are 'well' understand how difficult it is for us to do normal stuff anymore. Again - well done.

• As a teacher of mine would have said, Keep up the good work! :)

• Well done LadyPenelope! I raise my coffee mug to celebrate with you, cheers! :-) 🎉 ☕️👍 :-D

• Congratulations and here's hoping many more successful things for you :)

Fluffies bringing rewarding comfort to you :)

I find the reward system helps me a lot and gives me a personal sense of purpose and achievement in a very immobile world of pain. Keep your positivity even through the rough times LP and try to smile through it :) Well done you!

xxx sian :)

• HOw wonderful - I love aqua when I can get there :-)

• Congratulations, i definately think we should we should give thanks to the 'God of small things', i will be attempting hydrotherapy tomorrow, very similar.

• Congratulations, and good luck for Wednesday.

Good luck

• Oh hun well done that's amazing I'm gonna start yogo for fibro cause I know it will help I'm also going ask about getting CBT too. I have to do something I feel pretty crap, but I do need to be more positive and reading your post made me feel human and a bit better than hun for being so positive it really helps

A big fibro hug xx

You may also like...