ATOS PIP medical recording AAAHHH

After waiting 9 months and several phone calls and ATOS confirmed they received my PIP forms 9th Sept 2013, I finally got medical date for 10th June 2014 on Tuesday 3rd June. I called today to confirm it would be recording as I requested only to be told, unlike ATOS medical for ESA, that for my ATOS medical for PIP I have to supply to recording equipment that produces 2 CD's or cassettes at the same time. NO laptops, computers, mp3 player/ recorders, and that fact that I requested it to be recorded on my form, I didn't call them so now need at least 2 weeks notice, appointment no changed to 30th June grrrr. So a warning to anyone going to a PIP face to face YOU have to supply the equipment. And a question to anyone who has already been to a face to face for PIP with ATOS and recorded it, how did you get past the restrictions on what you can use.

Any help much appreciated.

Hope your all a little better today than yesterday.

Thanks for putting up with my rant.

Last edited by

4 Replies

• Hi MkMale

WOW! This is the first time that I have heard of anything like this, so thank you for bringing it to our attention. I genuinely hope that their are some members out there who can shed some light on your question?

I sincerely hope that you are feeling as well today as you possibly can be?

• Surely from what I heard they are the ones to supply the equipment not yourself. seek advice from CAB or the benefits and work forums.. Good luck xx

• Hello, Yes it was a shock to me to find out that I have to supply the recording equipment. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know.

Hope your all a little better today than yesterday.

• Surely this can't be right - it is unreasonable to expect ordinary people to have such equipment, or buy it for a single use, particularly if they live on Benefit. Something for our MPs perhaps, not to mention disability discrimination?

You may also like...