A way forward...hope its not backward

I saw a lovely lady today called a Health Trainer, I was referred to her by my GP. On a Friday each week (or at least when I'm able to leave the house or fit enough) I go to a community centre and do some chair based activities. I do chair activities now as often as I can that my OT gave me. (I'm absolutely scared of getting DVT) so I do these activities what I can only. The professional who is in charge makes sure that I do what I can and don't push myself too hard. Then after the activities have been done, its all done within an hour but again I only do what I can, no one is there to push me too hard or anything, then after the hour a healthy (free) lunch is provided and then after that there is a craft based activity (good for the hands and fingers). It'll be good to do something like this without any pressure as I can go when I feel fit enough and do only the activities I feel that I could do and no pushing and no pressure. It will be good to get out of the house and potentially meet new people, some could even be like me. I can't say how happy I am at the moment. I feel like there is a chance to get some (definitely some) normality back into my life. As I say I could do this for a year or longer, there is absolutely no presure or anything. No one to say "You should be further along by now" or "You've done this activity for ages, try a different one, push yourself harder" ect... I just wanted to tell you all what happened today. I'll let you all know how my first session goes. Gentle fibro hugs to you all. xxxx

Last edited by

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • sounds ideal :)

hope they take it nationwide.

sandra.

• Hi Sandra, thank you. I really have the best GP. She really listens to me and is extremely supportive. I'd never heard of it before either, it would be good if it was available nationwide, i agree with you :) xx

• Thats fantastic, really pleased for you. It's good to hear positive news about therapeutic interventions like this. No idea if this would be available elsewhere. Gentl fibro hugs, Becky. Xx

• Hi Becky,

Thank you so much. The GP would know if it was available elsewhere or somewhere nearest to you. I'm lucky that I have a great GP. She really listens and understands me. :) xx

• I wish this scheme would be rolled out nationwide!

My friend in Liverpool , who has MS, has been referred to a Health Trainer and enjoys it immensely!

You may also like...