3rd round of ICSI (this time with egg sharing donor) has come to a halt as my body can't do the one bit it needed to do. First scan showed womb lining was 7mm and the clinic were a bit concerned that it wasn't 8mm but as it's been fine on the previous 2 rounds I wasn't particularly concerned. Next scan showed it has decreased to 6mm, third scan showed 5mm and today's scan it was even less despite the huge amount of drugs I'm on, blood tests show my body is absorbing the oestrogen. EC couldn't be delayed.
I'm also gutted that out of the eggs received only 3 were mature, 2 of them are showing signs of fertilisation this morning. I had hoped we'd get to blastocyst with younger eggs. So the plan is to freeze them tomorrow assuming they are worth freezing.
Initially the consultant said we couldn't do FET until January but they've now said we can try next month. They plan to give me additional medication if the lining isn't thickening up.
I've found this round really tough, it's like it's nothing to do with me, hubby's done his part the donor has done hers and I haven't done my bit.
I know that delaying is the right clinical decision but it's not what we'd expected.
Every time I think treatment can't get harder it does. I know it only takes one but that doesn't help at the moment. 😢 We've been undergoing treatment for over a year, spent more money than I've spent on anything else, except buying a house, and nothing to show for it and loads more heartache. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
Sorry for negative post. Getting it out has helped.