Laparoscopic ovarian drilling private

Hi All,

I just got back from my appointment with the Gynaecologist. Was told i have polycystic ovaries. He said i have two options either IVF or laparoscopic ovarian drilling. He highly recommend laparoscopic ovarian drilling as it would be better in the long run. The bad news is that its a 6months waiting list and i don't think i can wait that long. Has anyone done this privately in London. I don't want to wait 6 months it could even be longer can't trust NHS.

Last edited by

2 Replies

• No. I didn't have this, but was meant to. Further investigations revealed that ovarian drilling is only a short-term solution. There is no cure for PCOS, so you would (eventually) need another procedure. So, do a bit more research before hand, so that you feel you are able to make the right decisions. All that said, IVF is a nightmare, but people with PCOS do (usually) have plenty of eggs. All the best, H.

• Hi Indian-30. You must have your reasons for not wanting to trust the NHS. However, I would have thought it would be better to use up NHS funding before going privately for treatment, as you can always do that should it fail. I had a wedge resection of my ovaries which worked, but the ovarian drilling is done these days, and is a much simpler procedure. I do wish you well with whatever you do decide to do. Diane

You may also like...