Hi ladies - I have just had a combined hysteroscopy (my fourth to remove a polyp) with laparoscopy (my first to diagnose and treat endometriosis found on bowel) on Saturday under general anaesthetic. Stayed in hospital overnight but back home now. Could you please share your experience on:
- recovery times if you had similar procedures
- tips with coping with swelling and pain (apart from using pain killers which I am currently taking - I am on paracetamol as codeine is making me sick)
- tips on getting back to normal ASAP
- how soon you resumed exercising
- how soon you resumed having sex
My hospital discharge nurse suggested:
- to wrap a towel around my tummy in case I need to cough which was a good tip, walking as much as I can to get things moving
- not to bend too much
- keep wearing the compression stockings for approx a week
- eating light / soft and liquid foods and taking mild / herbal laxatives
- drinking plenty of fluids
Anything else you could recommend?
I am struggling to fit into any of my clothes because of the swelling so ordered a pair of maternity leggins with next day delivery - hoping it will help things - wearing wide / oversized pj pants for the time being.
- How long would this type of swelling last?