Endometriosis UK

First lap feeling nervous

Hi, got first lap a week today feeling nervous 😬. Have been suffering with pain and pretty constant uti symptoms with no infection present eventually after my gp wouldn’t listen I went to a private clinic for consultation and consultant suspected endo, had a scan that showed blocked tube cyst and fibroids. I suffer from really bad hip pain and pelvic pain so getting a lap done to remove tube and have a look around 😬

6 Replies
oldest • newest

Your not alone mine is a week today! Although I'm not hopeful it will happen as I'm on the NHS and they seem to be canceling a lot of last minute ops at the mo.

I'm really nervous about what they will/not find I alter between I will be told I will have the worst case of endo they have ever seen to saying there is nothing wrong and the pain is all in my head!

I know what you mean I keep thinking something must be going on down below to have al the symptoms but scared at what they might find 😔 also I’m self employed so hopefull of a speedy recovery. I am also nhs dobreally hope they don’t cancel. Hope all goes well for you 😊

1 like

Hey, just a thought but uti symptoms without an actual uti might be interstitial cystitis, which is sometimes known as endo's evil twin.

I suffered this around the time of my initial diagnosis. I was lucky and able to get it under control quite quickly. Perhaps worth checking it out....?

ichelp.org/about-ic/associa...

Thanks yeah I had read about that hopefully get some answers next week it’s a uro/gyni consultant doing the op xx

1 like

Hey, totally understand! I’m 11 days post my first lap, had cyst removed and discovered both tubes are blocked so now going for hsg. I’d recommend, comfy clothes - slippers (as bending over is tricky) - straws for drinks - ask for pain meds to take home (I got codeine and it def. helped) - get some laxatives (mild) as you will need them if you take codeine. Lots of cushions helped me as I cocooned myself in bed for the first few days. Any questions.... please ask. You’ll be fine - it’s surprising how tough our bodies are. Sending you big hugs and well wishes x

Thanks for all the advice 😊 I’m hoping to go back to work after the 2 weeks is that realistic having tubes removed and bladder investigation x

You may also like...