Removal of coil following colposcopy

Hi Ladies.....

I had a coil fitted during my surgery 11 weeks ago and it was the best thing i ever did. I have had hardly any bleeding and no pain other than mild pain low down in my uterus......NOTHING compared to before. However yesterday i had an unexpected loop excision at a colposcopy appointment and they had to remove my coil. I'm devastated by this and paranoid that my endo will start growing back again and all that comes with that:( I'm just wondering if anybody else has gone through this and if so when they were able to have the coil reinserted? I'm sure she said to me yesterday i would have to wait 6-8 months but that seems like so long to wait.

2 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I haven't had that test but I had my first coil removed during surgery before the surgeon did a dye test of my tubes and once the test was complete and laparoscopy complete they inserted another one before I came back around from the anaesthetic xxx

• Thanks for taking the time to reply. Oh how i wish this could have happened for me but i think she said something about giving the area time to heal. I'm not allowed in water for 4 weeks and no strenuous exercise for the next 2 weeks but i just can't remember what she said about it going back in. I just remember being really upset at it coming out. I guess I'll just have to wait until my gynae gets back to me next week. Thanks again x

You may also like...