Endo diet.. gluten free

Just wanted to ask if anyone has tried the endo diet?

Diagnosed a month ago & have cut out gluten & feel so much better. So strange.. but i did try a non gluten wrap to test my body to see how it reacted. It was horrendous. The pain & discomfort. If anyone hasn't tried it, I would say give it ago.

Gluten free products do cost abit more but my stomach & hormones are so different.

Anyone any tips on foods that's worked for them?

Xx

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm gluten free and dairy free and it does help, it does cost more but as I say health is much more important. Don't get me wrong I still have bad days but gluten and dairy even if it's just a trace make me double over in pain and make my symptoms so much worse xx

• hi. Sorry you've got endometriosis it's a bit pants but loads of help and advice on here.

the Endo diet made a huge difference to me. I was sceptical it was my hubby who found out about it. Started it end of January and was very strict. I find pasta even gluten free is a no go it just doesn't agree with me!! I still get pain and my periods still put me in bed for a few days but not the 7 days they used to. I recently had to have a week in hospital with a problem with a cyst and I found I could eat normal bread and yogurt with out much pain but I've gone back to the full diet now I'm home.

I do miss sweet things but I find the odd treat is ok now my body is more balanced.

have you read the Endo diet book?

xx

• Hi,

I have been wondering about changing my diet, I was diagnosed with endo stage 3 last week but for months now I have had stomach ache and bloating pretty much every day and it does get you down. I was thinking of going to my doctor and asking for a referral to a nutritionalist however reading your comments I definitely think I need to try gluten free first. I'll do some research on the endo diet too. X

• I'm gluten free and reduced dairy and sugary things. It seems to help a lot. I try to eat as much fresh fish, fruit & veg as possible. I feel lots better when I do. 👍🏻 Xxx

• I think I'm definitely going to give this a go . I'm really struggling at the moment with hip and back pain and generally run down with it and having a busy two year old could really do with being on better form . I'd be interested in any tips as well .

Xx

• Yes cutting down on gluten helps with my pain :-)

• There seems to be a link between endo and candida, so a diet that combats candida will help. I went on a low carb diet and it made a huge difference. If you click on my name and go to my profile then choose the option to see my past posts, you'll find one on candida, there's a lot more detail there.

• Thanks so much, going to check it out now xx

• hi, it's definitely worth a try and you can get gluten free bread, cereal etc. It probably doesn't help everyone but the constant tummy ache, bloated feeling and bowel issues are a thing of the past and only occur if something has snuck in. I have started to have the odd bit cow's milk when the goat milk runs out and it doesn't agrivate my pain so I think you have to explore with it and see what works for your body. Is also been good for the whole family as we eat less sweet things and are 5 year old seems happy to try new things which makes it easier.

good luck and I hope it helps. Cx

• Glad it's working for you. I got allergy tested and have cut out all that I am intolerant to including gluten, dairy and yeast. It's been 2 months with no difference yet but I'm on zolodex and hrt and I suspect they are interfering with the changes. IVe had horrendous nausea so eating little for 2 weeks, along with bloating, swelling, heartburn and indigestion which is getting worse. At least it's not as bad yet as when I was on cerazette. Have my 4th injection Tuesday. I'll be interested to see what happens after 6 months as I can't take the zolodex for any longer and they won't operate as too complex and risky.

• I have not tried it.

However I would advise caution when it comes to gluten-free diet.

Healthy individuals (as in those who don't suffer from coeliac disease) actually need gluten. Do your research before attempting gluten-free diet. And most importantly, speak to the doctor, get tested.

Bloating after eating pasta or bread may be a sing of a wheat allergy.

You may also like...