Pre-op appointment and how long after is the surgery usually?

So after my mum and I both phoning the surgeons secretary on a daily basis. We've been told roughly when I could be waiting till. Originally 6 months now possibly 2-3, I've had my pre-op appointment confirmed for 7th September. Am I right in thinking that the actual surgery shouldn't be too much longer after that? A couple of weeks maybe?

7 Replies

• I think it varies, between my pre-op and surgery it'll be 6 weeks. My surgery is the 8th of September. Hopefully you won't have a long wait, I thought 6 weeks was quite reasonable for myself.

• Normally surgery will be 1 -2 months after pre -op! Just know that if they've called you for the pre op then the surgery is imminent!

Good luck!

• My pre op was the middle of June & I'm scheduled around October - no cancellations have came up for me yet

• Hi I had my pre-op in April, still no surgery date confirmed after numerous phone calls, may need another pre-op at this rate as they only last 6 months, I have severe endo and adenomyosis, plus I may need to have stents due to the damage that was noted on my last op, have been told it is a very complex case and will need the 3 surgeons plus the work being carried out they are using the Da Vinci robot ... good luck with your wait, as I'm at the end of my tether xx

• God that is terrible, there will be 4 surgeons when I have my next operation. That and because they only do 1 day a month for my surgery that the wait can be so long. That's dreadful I remember reading somewhere on here that they have to give you an appointment within 6 months it's written into the guidelines. Perhaps google it and see if you can find anything. I hope you get your date soon x

• I had a suprise letter, my pre op been put forward to 7th sept.Surgery letter come at same time 13th sept.

Hope you get sorted soon.

• Oh wow that's great :) good luck x

You may also like...