Week 1 run 1

I did it! I amazed myself when Laura said I'd run for a total of 8 minutes! My husband (henceforth "NotPheidippides") had to jog extra slowly so's not to overtake me but he was OK about that. I don't think I've ever run so much in my adult life. I didn't think of giving up even when NP said I didn't have to keep going after Laura said only 2 more runs. It's half an hour since I stopped and I'm still taking deep breaths!

9 Replies

• Well done, you've done the hard part which was starting the plan, keep it up and let us know how you get on with R2.

• Woo hoo, job well done. :-) You have taken the first steps to your new addiction hahaha. Nice that you have your hubby to go along with you for encouragement and support.

• Truly amazingly well done! It's the start of a fun journey. You'll love it, especially when you see the positive results. Keep up the good work!

• Well done and welcome to this addiction.

ps Like your screen name.

pps But wondering if you'll change your mind by next winter when running 5/10K in the sniw :-)

• Not if temp is less than 5, I guess. My asthma protests hard then.

• Fantastic - well done. 1st steps made. Good luck with runs 2 & 3. :)

• Wonderful to see you back and started with the running! Lovely! :)

• Well done. That's a fantastic achievement. Often the first run is the hardest. Keep up the good work :D

• Thank you everyone. This forum is so warm and encouraging. My thighs ache badly today but notpheidippides is fine:(

You may also like...