Week 7, Run 1 = Done it! :): Pleased to report... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
84,623 members116,370 posts

Week 7, Run 1 = Done it! :)

Pleased to report that I managed Week 7, Run 1. :)

Was starting to question what on earth I was doing but then Laura said I had 5 mins left so I knew if I didn't finish I would be so disappointed with myself and so I managed it.

Phew! :) :)

23 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done!

Same run today for me too...I was running into the wind for the last 10 min of my run, felt like I was running on the spot lol

Good luck with the next run.

1 like

Thanks. I found it hard but got there in the end. Most of it is mental barriers I think and stopping listening to myself saying I should stop.

Good luck for your next run too! :)

1 like

Ah, that’s where breaking it down into 5 minute chunks has worked for me. 5 x 5 minute runs, before you know it you’re on the last 5 minutes. Still hard though!!! Well done you 🏃‍♀️😀😀🏃‍♀️

1 like

Thanks.

Yeah when Laura says it is half way I can sort of work out how many songs I have left to the end which gives me a 'rough' idea. Good luck for your next run! :)

2 likes

I do love it when that bell rings 😊 thanks SuperMouse and to you.

1 like

I did this today worked a treat X

2 likes

Yes indeed...a whole conversation going on in my head while running (well jogging) 😄

Well done though and just think how far we have all come from week 1! Keep going 👍

1 like

Thanks, you too! :)

1 like

Well done! Keep it going not long until you graduate.

1 like

Thank you! I can't believe I've got this far. It's still a a struggle but I am determined! :)

2 likes

The 28 minutes isnt any harder you’ll be glad to hear or easier in my case but I manage to do it. Once I hear from Jo that I’m halfway I know I can finish it. Good luck with your next run.🙂

Thanks. You too! :)

1 like

SuperMouse living up to your name! You're a Superstar ⭐️💫 Well done you! Woo hoo! 🎉🎉🎉

1 like

Ah that's so kind, thank you :) .

The support on this site is amazing and I'm sure it's helping me to carry on.

Good luck for your next run too! :)

Well done you X I personally cannot believe how far I have come , it's great isn't it X

1 like

Thanks. It certainly is. I feel on a bit of a high now! :)

1 like

Well done! On the home straight now, no big jumps just a matter of repeating the long runs.

Thank you! :)

1 like

Well done! Feels great doesn’t it! I also work out time left by how many songs :) today I kept repeating a song that I enjoyed and seemed to work for my pace and it felt like less time 😂 it’s definitely a mental battle too!

Thank you! :) I do feel like a fraud, I can't quite believe I have actually got this far.

All the best for your next run! :)

1 like

You are absolutely amazing, well done the supermouse!

Thank you so much! :) It's great to be getting fitter again! :) This forum is amazing! :)

1 like

Well done 👍 keep going, you’re doing great 😁😁😁

You may also like...