Rose tinted ... my first ever 20 minute run :)

...as the sun was setting on a beautiful evening I really was running (well jogging at a slow pace)with a rose tinted view ... until it went dark and then thankfully no one could seem me anymore!

But I did it ...I have never run for 20 minutes in the whole of my life...but I did it today ... I made it ... W5R3 .. I completed it :)

Thank you all soooooo much for getting me this far ... good luck with your next runs x x

13 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done. This is the run that once achieved you know that you can complete C25K - and that feels good. Best of all you also had a good sunset to enjoy along the way.

• ..still don't quite believe I can run 5K in the future, but I'm trusting Laura and swearing less at her :) It is incredible how you can run for 20 minutes when you really do start on the couch, with no running skills.

• Lovely news! That sounds like a lovely run (well, the view anyway!)

As PeaBea says, now you *know* you can get to the end - and get a sparkly graduate badge. :D

• if I get such a high from 20 minutes not sure what the 5k will do to me ... the only good thing is I cannot control my legs to well afterwards so unlike to get up to too much afterwards :)

• Ah yes! " the nasty one" well done on your completion. From now on in it's all gravy, with just a little bit of Tabasco thrown in....Lol

All the best

Dale

• Lovely description, Dale!

Hope the Tabasco bits don't make your legs give up, amsjo! Just remember, if you hit a bit of Tabasco, there's lovely gravy coming up for the next run. :D

• Thank you for all the lovely comments :)

However the mention of gravy ...why am I so hungry afterwards ...would say could eat a horse but probably have been !!

• :D :D :D

• Nay, surely not! ;)

• Well done amsjo - it's a fantastic feeling, isn't it!

• You conquered the dreaded 20! Great going! Gayle

• you did fabulous! And.....dont despair of the next week coming, because you WILL do it.

• I too caught the last of a lovely rose-coloured night sky this evening; lovely!

Well done on conquering the Big One! Now you know 30 mins is actually achievable! Best of luck for week six!

Sue :)

You may also like...