Couch to 5K
65,212 members โ€ข 98,529 posts

The dreaded 20 minute run !!!

Well today I did the week 5 run 3 20 minute run ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ. Bizarrely I was kind of looking forward to it all day in work , and when I got home I decided to choose a different playlist on Spotify.

I normally go for a rock uplifting type of accompaniment but decided (why)!! to just pick a random workout list.

Anyway I managed it !!

My knees ached but I plodded on and got through it, but it would have been much better with a decent playlist and this gives me hope for week 6 !

29 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

I was so pleased to here you completed the 20mins..thatโ€™s mine for tomorrow morning well done

4 likes

Slow, steady... success :)

2 likes

Good luck tomorrow, I hope the hills are kind. ๐Ÿค—

Good luck!

Jay ..I did it :)

Yay! How was it?

Good luck , hopefully you have done it by now xx

Very well done you... slow and steady is the way, as you move on into the lovely longer and relaxed runs :)

Well done. ๐Ÿคฉ

Music lesson learned!

I was out pretty early this morning, and finished up trotting along to They Might be Giants, "putting a little birdhouse in my soul".

I have no clue what they meant, but it got me through.

Week 6 for you, coming into the home straight....๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 like

Definitely need to add that to my playlist, what a brilliant track!

1 like

Yes I think I might have that , nice and uplifting!

Well done! Mine tomorrow. ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Good luck!

1 like

Weirdly looking forward to it! Massive milestone for me.

1 like

i was dreading it during R1 but really looking forward to it after R2. Was a massive milestone for me too... If I can do it, you can!

2 likes

Yes after doing the 2 x 8 mins on a slight incline and doing it feeling positive. Doing it on a flat run by the beach tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

3 likes

Nice! Enjoy it, and especially the buzz after.

2 likes

Good luck x

1 like

Well done! On to week 6.

1 like

Well done I did the same run Thursday, and it's the first time my feet really hurt ๐Ÿ˜“

2 likes

Hi Kazzey. Well done you! Remember that is a massive milestone so be very proud of yourself :). This is my first post. Iโ€™ve just been hanging around in the background looking for advice and guidance. I did my W5R3 two weeks ago yesterday. For the first time, my quads were flippinโ€™ sore. But today Iโ€™m off out to complete Week 7. So crucially, Iโ€™m saying you have succeeded in what I feel (and many others too) is a massive challenge in this programme. Go girl, you got this :) x

3 likes

Thanks , it did feel like the first real milestone if you know what I mean, although all the other runs were challenging too believe me !!

Good luck with your week 7 xx

I've got this on my horizon for Monday. Actually feeling pretty scared about it - it seems such a big challenge! But if other people have made it, maybe I shouldn't be so nervous !

2 likes

If I can do it you definitely can , I struggled with 60 seconds a few weeks ago. Just have a decent playlist ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

Got that run this morning, now regretting last night's booze. Anyhow my feet hurt but the buzz from accomplishing 8 minutes runs driving me on. I think still in shock when was expecting 5 minute and faced with 8. Feeling very confident though.

2 likes

Well done! I did week 5r2 this morning in the rain. Have never run for 20 mins before.... wk5r3 sounds a challenge

1 like

Yep, debating whether to do this run now! The 8mins felt Sooo long earlier this week! Jaded after night out and willing myself to move ๐Ÿ˜. Downloaded Survivor eye of the tiger, so I should be fine. ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

Well done! Looking forward (?) to this myself on Monday, so itโ€™s good to hear from survivors! Yesterday I got through the last minute of 8 by pumping my arms: really worked well... I keep telling myself,โ€Jo Whiley says I can do this so Iโ€™m going to give it a go!โ€ 20 mins is still v daunting ๐Ÿ˜•

2 likes

Survived 20 minute run after total music malfunction. Bluebells and birdsong kept me going instead!

2 likes

You may also like...