6 months on

I graduated on my birthday 6 months ago. Since then I have to admit I fell off the running wagon. Not because I didn't enjoy it, mainly because by the time I got home from work it was so dark I couldn't go out and I hate the thought of running in the gym. Anyhow I went from 3 times a week to 3 times a month. Not good but am pleased to say that yesterday having not run for a few weeks I still managed to run for 45 mins with not too much trouble. Considering this time last year I couldn't run more than 5 mins at a time this is great and a real testament to this fantastic programme. Now it is beginning to get a bit lighter I am going to try and start building on this and try and reach 10k and then a half marathon. So it goes to show it doesn't matter if you have a bit of s set back, you can still keep working on your fitness.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That really is very encouraging. So now I've graduated (he he - I love saying that!), I can stop for six months?! :D

• No you have to keep going now :-)

• Oh all right then!

• I'm in a similar boat to you...since graduating in oct/nov last yr I've missed the structure & am having to drag myself out & rarely even managing more than 2 runs a wk (at best!) I'm hoping the lighter mornings will make a difference.

I've found it hard going in the cold etc & hard because I'm not doing it regularly :0(

Really don't want to lose my fitness/motivation now

You may also like...