Week 7 Run 1

Well , I have to say that was harder than I expected !! I was planning to go out yesterday and begin week 7 , but decided that it was a bit too windy!! Then I decided that i could easily slip back into finding excuses for not going , so I promised myself that I would be going this morning no matter what the weather . Of course we had dreadful rain and gales all night . (serves me right for putting it off) I got up this morning and off I trotted , and as I turned the corner towards the next village (about 5 mins into the run ) I felt as if I'd been hit in the face !! The wind almost knocked me over , I almost panicked a bit and was thinking 'shall I walk ? shall I walk? ?' But I didn't !! I kept running, it was SO hard , I knew that if I let myself walk , that It would be the start of a slippery slope for me. I am so pleased with myself that despite the bloomin' wind trying to knock my little legs from under me , I kept on going!! So ..........run1 of week 7 under my belt :-) :-) Good luck to anyone else who is about to do it too :-)

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey kazzers, that sounds awful but it make the feat even more of an achievement!! Well done you :) Two lots of 25 done now, feels great doesn't it! I bet you feel you can do anything now! You can.

• Hey Leyther1 , thanks :-) I'm sure that it was the high wind that shook my confidence, I was finding it quite difficult to breathe with the wind in my face ( I AM a bit of a wimp) I think I'll feel better after the next one (hopefully on Tuesday ) Good luck with your next run !

• Well done, believe it or not you are almost there. It's not easy, but well within your reach now.

• Thanks Terborstone :-) I agree not easy, but I have to remind myself of what my fitness was like 7 weeks ago!! :-)

• Fabulous job, kazzers! Well done you for keeping going in these conditions. Week 7 Run 1 was the worst for me of the whole programme and I didn't have the wind to contend with so you're well on your way to getting that Graduate badge! Keep up the good work :-)

• Wow well done for running in the wind if you managed to keep running today, you will be graduating before you know it - fantastic:-D

• Well done - you did better than me; I decided it was just too dark, damp and windy to brave the great outdoors this morning, so took the treadmill option instead. ;) Just think, after that weather against you, the extra couple of minutes next week should be a piece of cake!

• Hey, Thanks RainbowC :-) I am hoping to run again tomorrow , and as the gym is on my way home I'm guessing that I'll be opting for that :-) Good luck with your next run !!

You may also like...