Week 5 Run 3, done and dusted !!

DID IT !!! DID IT!!! DID IT!!!

Just got back from the 3rd run .....Yes it WAS hard, but nowhere near as hard as I had built it up in my head to be . I was grinning ear to ear all the way back (on my cool down walk :-)

I have been a bit 'stressy' about doing that particular run all week, but can I just say to anyone who is coming up to that run, IT WILL be ok :-) I listened to Laura, and didn't start off too fast. When she said I'd been running for 5 mins I have to say that it felt as if I'd run for much longer, but from the time she said 'You're halfway through your run, I began to realise that YES , I could do it .........So feeling pretty good today :-)

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it? Good luck with the rest of the programme :-)

• Thank you Crafting-girl, I would never have believed it, but it's proving to me more and more that a lot of the problems I have had with running are in my head :-)

• Well done, I remember my week 5, run 3. Like you I was doubting my ability but I did it nonetheless :-)

I particularly enjoyed just randomly saying "I ran for 20 mins NONE STOP"

Good luck for week 6 :-)

• Thanks Clare7645 :-) I am actually looking forward to week 6 .....(I think) ;-)

• Well done you, I remember that run too! And the feeling of surprised achievement when I finished it :-) I have now graduated and can truthfully say that week 5 run 3 was when I truly began to believe in myself. So well done!

• Hey Chocotwit , that's really good to hear , thanks for the encouragement :-)

• Well done kazzers! That one's a great feeling isn't it? It felt like the transition between being a "complete beginner" and a "new runner". Good luck with the rest of the program.

• thankyou thinnerandfitter, I feel like I have really progressed ;-)

You may also like...