Week 5

Having struggled like mad to complete the Week 4 runs, I have just smashed through Week 5. I cannot believe that I have just run for 20 minutes without stopping and without wanting to die! I am almost 40 and have never run in my life. Having struggled with Week 1, I am amazed at my achievement - but even more so that I am still going AND actually enjoying it. For the first time ever, my Christmas wish list includes running gear. I am still following the programme but with the dark mornings and nights I am only getting to run at weekends. This means my nine week programme is somewhat extended but who cares - the fact I can run over a mile and a half with stopping is all the motivation I need to carry on.

I would certainly recommend this programme to first timers - believe me when I say you will do it!

Just had a sneak preview of Week 7 and feel gutted that I am going back to stopping and starting, but I will trust the programme, its worked miracles so far.

3 Replies

oldest • newest
  • Well done, elsie-f. It's a great feeling isn't it - when you do that first 20 min run? And, as you say, trust in the programme and in 3 weeks time you'll be running for 30 mins, no problem. And yes, it makes Christmas lists a lot easier (mine includes a sports watch with HR and timing, an Ipod arm holder thing, a lightweight fluorescent running top, and some more running shoes - cos by xmas these will be starting to wear out).

Sounds like you're doing great with this and I agree that this programme can't be recommended enough to everyone!

• I think once you've cracked W4 and W5 the rest still seems daunting but is really the home stretch.

• Well done! Keep the brilliant attitude, never question the program and you will succeed! I was a non-runner who could not do some of my 1 minutes. From doing an organized 5K, I now know I can run 40 minutes without stopping! I may not be fast, but I'm a runner! :-) You are a runner too!!!! Gayle

You may also like...