W1R1. Done at long last!!!!!!!!!

After what seems like a series of comedy sketch attempts to complete this I have finally done it tonight. Who knew you can be frightened of a treadmill!! I feel too vulnerable running on my own in the dark at night, so thought the treadmill would provide the solution!! I have not been able to just let go and run for fear of just " wobbling" off. But at long last I overcame the wobbling off sensation and completed run 1. On my way!!!!.....

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! I must admit I'm a bit wary of treadmills so have pounded the pavements for my first weeks runs but, apart from the snow I have enjoyed it.

Keep at it run-tmr, we'll get there!

• Just read your blog, well done you too!! Hate the treadmill ! But until I can run in the day it will have to do!! Love snow, actually felt a tad jealous about your run!!!

• Well done. Treadmills can be scary congratulations on sorting it out. Onwards and time/distancewards(!) now

• Hello there and well done! Don't worry about the treadmill - you can master it. I started the programmeback in June and did most of my early runs outdoors, but towards the end (W7) I started on the treadmill and now use it for most of my runs. Some people enjoy running outdoors whatever the conditions (cold, wet, dark) and others (like me!) don't - no problem with that, everyone's different. The important thing is you've made a start - now stay with it, do what Laura says, and it does work.

• Lovely support, thank you. Treadmill here I come

You may also like...