W1R1

I've done it!

Having downloaded C25K a few times, I finally plucked up the courage and did my first session this morning. I'm going to the gym and using a treadmill because I know it'll work better for me, especially at this time of the year. But I'd kept putting off because I'd feel self conscious. But I started the app, put some good music on and actually really enjoyed it. I haven't run for well over 30 years so it was a bit of a shock to the system, but nowhere near as bad as I feared. Can't wait for the second session on Friday now.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic! well done on getting started :) .

• Welcome - great decision to get started. Hope you enjoy it.

• Well done on starting. Keeping checking in to the forum. I found it helped with motivation in doing the runs, as well as any advice you may need.

Good luck with the rest of the runs.

• Yeay! Welcome aboard x

• Yeay! Welcome aboard x

• Well done on starting week 1. This is the biggest hurdle that you've just got over, well done!

• Well done. The hardest part is over I.e. Starting. I do my runs at gym I find the treadmill keeps me at right pace. When I started I really struggled to run for one min. I am now starting week 8. Keep to the podcasts they do work. Good luck

• D1, W1 - in many ways the hardest run of all. Well done on deciding to change things for yourself :)

• Well done on taking that first step Sarah...the hardest one! :) x

You may also like...