Autumn at last

So Autumn has finally arrived in Italy and I did my first run ever in light rain today -- although it's still pretty warm at 15 degrees. It's OK, the drizzle keeps you cool and the post-run shower is fabulous!

Ran round the nearest lake, loved running through the ducks and swans who seem totally unperturbed by me -- I was also alone as Italians don't do rain ;-) apart from a few old guys picking chestnuts so a tad scary and as I said before, I feel a bit cheaty as I could go a week higher, but I'm a firm believer in perfection, so I want to recover my best stamina!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Glad to hear you're getting back into your running and on the mend. Your runs sound so lovely over there!

• Sounds idyllic, Deliaitaly, and much nicer than our rather cold, dreich days here! Glad to hear you're on the mend after your injury. Good luck.

• Hi Deliaitaly.

i am so jealous ! I am Italian and lived in italy ( near lake of Como) till last February then moved to Dubai for work but I miss Italy so much specially the view from my balcony of the Resegone and Grigna ! I love Autumn with the hunting for mushrooms and chestnuts !

Wednesday was my birthday and it was a sad one as i missed all you can enjoy ! Do not give it for granted ! Lot of love Sonia

• I've lived here for over 30 years, and now is not a good moment for Italy. I'm lucky I guess as I belong to the two nicest countries in the world, Italy and England! xox Delia

• Tell me about it !

I went back to italy after 15 years in Dubai with the hope to find a job but despite my vaste experience and 3 languages spoken I did not find anything.

So, after 15 months Graham ( my partner) and I went back to Dubai.

• Tell ME about it. My husband Pippo works in the UK ;-)

You may also like...