Yippee 10K done and dusted (I'm feeling just a little bit busted)

Well the weather conditions could not have been better for me to try my first ever 10K so I didn't even stop and hesitate.

Took me 1:07:49 seconds and I only stopped twice for a few seconds to get safely across roads. I am so chuffed with myself this morning if I had the oomph I would dance but my poor little legs don't have it in them - - Yet ;)

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow! Well done! You should be very, very proud of yourself Oldgirl!

• Yay I knew you'd do it! great time too :D

Now what's next? A marathon maybe? ;)

• Behave yourself Rose885 :) this old body wasn't going to do any more than 5K a couple of months ago. I have a poor memory it seems ;)

Hope your training is going well, will catch up with you on Saturday I see you are down for a duty at Parkrun too. If you need a lift give me a shout. Take care Liz

• Well done! That's great!

• Well done !

• Brilliant What a fantastic achievement.

• Well done! I started B210K today, finding it tough already....

• High Angie I didn't use a bridge as such to get to the 10K distance. I just mixed up my runs throughout the weeks. Doing shorter faster, then a longer one. I mapped each longer run adding 1.5Km approx each time. I can't believe I found yesterday as easy but my route was pretty level don't think I would have managed it if there had been ups involved too.

• You are a star!

• Wow - that is so amazing!

• Inspirational... that is a fab time too. Well done Oldgirl :)

• Well done- the timing is superb too!

• Well done thats amazing!! Hope to do the same one day...

• Thats amazing, i plan to get to increase the distance to 10k, i will follow your advice as it obviously works, congratulations :)

• That's fantastic oldgirl and a great time too! You are an inspiration!! By the time I get out for my next run (Tuesday) I'll have had 3 weeks off so hope it's not put me back too much (well or the excess of bread, wine and cheese!). Just back from hols so tomorrow going to draw up a training plan for my 10k race (why did i sign up for it???) in 7 weeks today..YIKES!

• Sounds like you had a good holiday AliB1, bread wine and cheese yummee. You'll be fine, its amazing how quickly our bodies get back to a healthy routine after a short break so long as its not been due to illness that is. Look forward to hearing how your 10K goes.

You may also like...