Couch to 5K
55,056 members87,597 posts

W7R1 done and dusted

I’m wondering when these longer runs are going to feel easier?! The first half is fine but I can’t help hearing that I’m ONLY halfway there makes me feel suddenly worn out! I’m still staggering on the last 5 mins and if I had energy would laugh at the suggestion to speed up for the final 60 seconds! Making it through, though, tomato face and all - which is still more than I believed possible 7 weeks ago 💁🏻‍♀️

6 Replies
oldestnewest

I feel the same way about the week 7 runs. I am going at a snail’s pace (actually, I am sure snails look speedy next to me) & I can’t imagine going any quicker at the end. For me, it’s my legs that are tired— no issues with feeling out of breath but my legs feel like jelly!

2 likes

Thanks good to knowslow movement is ok!

Speed up for the last 60 seconds made me 😳 too! Keep plodding for the last 60 seconds would be more apt for me 🐌🤣🤣

3 likes

😀 thanks!

Well done for achieving this one. It’s not easy and we are used to having two small runs after the final big run of a week...not this week!

Slowing down is the answer. But every run is building out strength and stamina - but we are tired by it so perhaps don’t notice the improvement?

Remember we are heading to 30 mins non-stop. We’ve come from 1 min to 25 mins so far, really quickly.

Enjoy the next one!

1 like

Thanks for the encouragement!

You may also like...