Week 6 Run 1 - completed

I think I am becoming a runner; for someone who said they would never run here I am at nearly 50 years old religiously getting out there and completing each week and loving it, sure its tough but afterwards what a sense of achievement. My goal for my 50th in 10 days time was to be fit and be a non-smoker, both of which i am working on and reckon I am well on my way. All this training started so that i can do the Cardiff Big Fun Run for cancer research august bank holiday weekend, now I know I can do this. If there are any Cardiff couch to 5k looking for a mate to run with, let me know, I tend to run through the day though as i work nightshifts. Onwards and upwards more than half way through

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • well done as they say you'r never to old to change.keep it up good luck on your run.

• Well done what a brilliant reason to take control of your life.

• Well done - I am in the same space as you (had my 50th in April) and one run behind you - one of the best things I've ever done - cheers! :-)

• You have done really well to change your life for the better before the big 50. Have a really happy birthday x

• Ooh I love Bute park in Cardiff! Maybe I'll enter the race too :) Well done for getting this far

You may also like...