Week 1 Run 1 Completed!

Wow, just wow.

That was harder than I thought it'd be. Even at my really slow pace. I don't know if anyone else felt this way but by half way through all I felt was dread when I could tell my 90 seconds were coming to an end. I am so thankful that the rec I was running in was more or less empty because I was swearing up a storm by the last three runs lol. I had been planning on doing the strength and flex workout on the alternate days that I don't do c25k but, yeah, might have to leave that for a couple of weeks before I feel like my body can handle both.

But anyway I did it! I completed my first c25k run (without stopping!!) and I am so happy. I can just tell that these weeks are going to be so hard but so worth it.

I look forward to being a part of this community :)

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • well done you i feel your pain but you will get there and wow when you do you will feel amazing!!!!!

• thanks so much! Can't wait til I start feeling amazing while i run instead of feeling like i'm dying :D

• We have all been there! After my first run, I thought I was going to die and had to lie down for 30 mins to recover! Yesterday (2 years on) I improved my half marathon time to under 2:30.

Keep going, you will soon be amazing yourself!

• thanks and congrats on improving your running time!

• Oh yes, the pain is there when you know you'll be back walking in a few seconds time. That first run is an absolute killer. You'll be amazed how quickly you progress though. I certainly am.

I'm starting week 7 tonight and now when she says I have a minute left I think well I can definitely do one more minute. Such a change from week 1 when that minute was the longest minute of my life and I thought the podcast would never end!

You can do it. If I can, anyone can! Good luck with W1 r2

• Welcome - well done for getting started - the hardest step! We all found those first runs really challenging and completing the programme takes determination but it's so worth it! Good luck.

You may also like...