week 2 run 2 done!

After working out that I would have to get up at 5.15 tomorrow morning to do my run I decided that this evening was a better option. Week 2 run 2 now done! I was trying to decide if it was better or worse than run 2 but gave up. It's still quite difficult on the lungs but I hope this is something to do with the high pollen count.

As usual I found my legs were complaining during the first two 90 seconds and then I could forget about them. I start out everytime thinking that they're far too heavy and are going to let me down, then somehow they get a grip. I'm still huffing and puffing though. I tried counting to four and managed it a bit better then last time. I can breathe out at length but I gasp in.

Despite the hard work - or perhaps because of it, who knows? - this is still keeping me on a high. It's such a pity about having to have a rest day in-between runs, but I'm sure it's necessary.

Good luck to all you Week Two runners - I'm trying not to think what 3 minutes would be like............Run3 Saturday.

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • For the first few weeks I tended to count 1-2-3-4 while I was running, I think it helped keep a steady pace. I still struggle to concentrate on breathing technique and usually gasp in whatever I can get but I do have short periods of doing it properly. I tend to assume it will all work itself out in time :-)

• Thanks for the words of advice. I'm sure breathing in and out regularly and slowly is the best way of developing lung power, but it's going to take a lot of practice. This morning on the bus I sat listening to Laura (getting very hooked here!) and doing the breathing. Even sitting down it was difficult, but after about ten minutes got slightly easier. It gave me hope!

• Where you naughty like me and skipped the rest day?

• No, I was a good girl and last ran on Monday. It didn't seem to have hurt you as far I could see, that's good news. I'm glad it went better for you. My third run is early Saturday morning. I hope it turns out to be easier than yesterday. If I manage it, even if it's still difficult, I'm determined to go onto Week 3 on Monday. Fingers crossed!

You may also like...