Week 1 Run 2 - Done!: When I woke up yesterday... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

118,673 members149,701 posts

Week 1 Run 2 - Done!

LadyP79 profile image
LadyP79

When I woke up yesterday morning it was pouring with rain. Knowing that I was planned to do my second run I stared forlornly out of the window with my heart sinking a bit.

It's cold, it's wet, I'm tired, I've had a busy day at work, I'm hungry, I've got things to do this evening, I'm a little bit achy and to be honest, I don't want to go out for my second run. All the things that ran through my head yesterday.

I got home and sat on the couch and thought about all the things I had to do. Then I realised that I had been sat down for 15 minutes and I would have been half way through my run had I just gone straight out as soon as I got home from work.

That spurred something in me. I got changed, put my music on and walked out of the door.

The sense of achievement I felt after completing run 2 was great. I'd done it. I'd gone out even though I had convinced myself of enough reasons not to. I don't think this is going to be the last time the little voice tells me that I can't do it for one reason or another but I just have to ignore that voice and go with the one that tells me I can.

Happy face ticked at the end of the run :)

11 Replies

Yay well done! I had that more at start of program and now on week 5 I can’t get out of house quick enough. I think my family are wondering if a new mum has arrived 🤣. Keep it up, honestly it is worth it !

It’s hard to fight those gremlins sometimes, so well done for that!

Thanks!! 😊

Elfe5 profile image
Elfe5Graduate

Well done you!

I discovered that I really like running in the rain as long as my torso is reasonably dry, so I use my ancient, light breathable cycling jacket - that does the trick!😀

LadyP79 profile image
LadyP79 in reply to Elfe5

I don't mind proper rain. I hate the drizzly stuff that we're having at the moment though. Either rain or don't ha ha ha!!

Hidden profile image
Hidden

Love it, love it, love it! Xx

LadyP79 profile image
LadyP79 in reply to Hidden

😀😀

Lovely smile!

LadyP79 profile image
LadyP79 in reply to Amandana

Thank you!!

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator