W1R1 - i did it!!

W1R1 - i did it!!

Was meant to start on Monday but couldnt find the motivation so got off my bottom this morning and did my first run. Thought I would never manage it but by the end I seemed to get a bit faster - I could literally see the end in sight!

Wondered why stretches weren't incorporated into the podcast but I did them anyway. Starting to feel it in my legs now as it has only been 3 hours since i did the run. Just hope I can keep it up.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done you x

• Keep up the good work, gill....I just completed W2R3...it's a struggle, but becoming less so....stretch, stretch, stretch. I had tremendous calf cramps after W1R2, but stretching DID help....and the cool down walk after your runs-don't neglect IT, either. It is tough in the beginning, take comfort in reading all the other blogs of those who have gone before...

• Well done on your first run, its always the worst. I also do stretches after every run and find they help. I count to 30 for each leg stretch, calf, ham string, hip flexer and thigh. I would never not do them now.

• Well done, your on your way now to becoming a runner!

• oh i hope so... would love to call myself a runner :)

• Well done - I am week one too, we can so do this! x

• ah great, a running buddy then! Have you done your second run yet? I do mine tomorrow morning. Really hope it goes without a hitch :)

• Hiya, just got back and finished week 1 yay! My cat brought a mouse in at 4.15 so was awake ridiculously early. I like to do my run early - no one around and its out of the way and it made me feel fab last time. Today - well I just feel exhausted and my hips are aching! Good luck for run 2 - go girl! x ps mouse still under bed :( !!

You may also like...