Week 1 Run 1 in the bag

Just back from my first week 1 run :-) It was harder than I thought it would be, but I made it!

This is my fifth week on my version of the programme. Because of my weight and fitness level I introduced 2 even easier stages to build me up and I'm so glad that I did, I think I would have quit if I'd started from week 1 proper!

I think I'll be doing all of the early stages over 2 weeks instead of 1 and build it up slowly, I'm in no rush.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good for you! Whatever it takes to build up your stamina and endurance. Just keep going in the right direction and I hope you go far :D

• Well done you, I walked for ages before I attempted a run, I always got really out of breath. Then I gave up when I had a chest infection that went on and it was Christmas etc. I kept walking but wanted to do more, then a friend gave me the link to this podcast and it was just what I needed. In week 3 at the moment good luck with your journey.

• Well done, and dont forget not to go too fasat! As our lovely Laura says " a light jog" will do! Good luck!

• Well done you, just take it at your own pace and you will get there.

Good luck and good runs

• Good stuff you've paced yourself - I walked for months before I joined C25K and I hope to graduate soon. Just keep going - as gently as you like ,

• Well done you!! Good luck and keep it up :)

• Great plan, keep up the good work and best of luck.

• Good idea on the plan and keep up the good work. I expect to be repeating a few of the runs as I am not the fittest person either but I have been suprised at the changes even at the end of week 2.

I can walk up stairs without heavy breathing, I can walk accross to the different parts of work without being (too) red faced and out of breath.

Good luck and we will all get there.

• Hi! I started week 1 three weeks ago and I still can't complete it! Feeling somewhat disappointed, but still determined. I have pains in my ankles/shins and I get out of breath really quickly. Fingers crossed I'll move on to week 2 soon haha! xx

You may also like...