W7R3 Done!

Week 7 started out quite slowly with 4 days gap between run 1 &2! I just came up with excuses not to get out for my 2nd run. The weather wasn't that great most mornings so it provided a convenient excuse. I had my second run on Monday and that was pretty tough. I finished the run but didn't feel energized as usual. This morning I checked the forecast and set out for the run at 5.30am. I chose to start with my nemesis, a pretty steep hill that I had attempted during week 4 but had turned back coz it was too much at that point. This time I was determined to conquer it even if it meant going at a snail's pace. I was so slow that I was tempted to just walk it but kept encouraging myself with a 'you can do it' chant (in my mind of course as I was huffing and puffing up the hill).

I completed the hill and the rest of the route (which included another steep downhill run) was ok. As it was a new route, and due to the time taken to run up hill, I found myself about 5 minutes distance from my usual finishing point by the time Laura said 25 mins were up. I continued running until the end of the 5 minutes warm down walk . I was excited to see that I had run for 4.8km. I am amazed because 8 weeks ago I was struggling to run continuously for 1 minute! Now only 6 more runs to graduation! am looking forward to Week 8 and new routes ahead!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Well done with the hills! Good luck for the next run!

You may also like...