I've done it!

I can't quite believe it, but I've finished week 5, run 3! A big, big insurmountable milestone when I first looked at C25K all those months ago.

I won't say I breezed it and, as I run on undulating country roads, I kept experiencing nagging doubts that I'd get up that next small hill, but once I'd hit 10m I thought, 'Hey this might actually be possible' and when Laura announced that I was 15 minutes in, I afforded myself the luxury of speeding up a little, knowing that the end was in sight. When she finally said it was time to slow down, I actually had a little bit of steam left and jogged on for another minute just to prove to myself that I could.

I must admit, that I 'cheated' a little and built in an extra run by doing week 6, run 3 after week 5, run 1. That meant I gradually built up from 5-5-5 minutes running, to 5-8-5, then 8-8 before doing the full 20 minutes. I think it just didn't have the confidence to do the final 20m run without building up more slowly to it.

Anyway, I'm now looking forward to week 6 and trying to build up a tiny bit of speed in what I think is really little more than a fast walk. But I did it and am feeling pretty overjoyed and proud of myself.

Very best of luck to everyone approaching week 5 with trepidation.

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done Tracy. Won't be long now...

• Great going! You're more than halfway now!! Keep going :-)

• Brilliant - thats a major milestone over with! Onwards and upwards.....

• Well done you. That is a great relief isn't it when you get that 20 minute run out of the way.

• Very well done Tracy. I've never heard of anyone doing a w6 run in preparation for w5r3 but hey, why not? It certainly worked for you. Congratulations. :)

• Brill! Not cheating at all by tweaking the programme - it's listening to your body, and now you know you can do those W6 runs which surprise so many of us. Best wishes. :-)

• Well done you - that is such a milestone run. You should be very proud :)

• Well done and don't worry at the end of week six you will be able to do the 25minute run, just believe you can do it!

• Just wanted to thank everyone for your support. This really is the most motivating forum and website I've ever known. It's really helped me get through this programme.

• Congrats, feels great doesn't it to get that one beat.

Onwards to week 6 for us :)

You may also like...