Omg I did it!

After completing up to week 6 run3 on a treadmill, week 7 run1 was my first 'outdoor' run. I didn't manage the 25 minutes but I did 20 which wasn't too bad. Friday should have been run2 but I pulled a muscle at legs, bums and tums on Thursday so today was the day. And I did it! It was hard and I didn't think I would but with 5 minutes to go I thought I would deal with 1 minute at a time and before I knew it I'd finished. Didn't use Laura though, used my Nike + sensor and my own music but still did it. So pleased :-)

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • well done Jane

as a treadmill runner who is also just moving outside I know how difficult it can be so you should be giving yourself a big pat on the back.

happy running :)

• Thanks. I'm sure once I get used to it I'll be fine. Thinking about signing up for the race for life, but not sure if I'm ready for it yet!

• tell you what. how about we both sign up for one? it'll get me outside & it'll give you something to aim for once you've finished c25k :)

• Guess what? I've only gone and done it! Saturday 9th June! Gives me 3 months...No problem.

• you put me to shame!!

me, my 12 year old & my 13 year old have signed up for one on sunday 29th july. girls are starting week 6 tonight so they are excited!!

• Great mines in July! I signed up for Race for Life after doing week 2 of this, I'm now at week 6. Went outside for the first time last week on week 5 after doing all the runs up till then on the treadmill and I love running outside now :)

• Enjoyed todays, last weeks was foggy and freezing and not very nice! Got a bit fed up with the treadmill, needed a change to keep motivated.

You may also like...