Toning up

Surely I am imagining things but I do feel I have toned up a little around my stomach area already. I don't feel so bloated and my stomach looks slightly (only slightly) smaller. Am I imagining things or can you really feel a difference after a week. I have not been dieting but haven't been on the wine so much. Perhaps its a case of optimistic thinking!!!

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Whatever works! I didn't notice any real toning going on till about a month or so in, when I discovered these hard lumpy things on the backs of my lower legs; further investigation revealed that these were called calf muscles! I think my stomach and my abdomen muscles are slightly firmer, but after 3 c-sections I'm going to have to run a few more years yet before my belly is ever flat!!!

CaroleC

• I've always had quite muscular legs anyway so won't notice much of a difference there. Its my stomach and arms I need to tone up - Lets hope this running works

• Running works..

even for your stomach and arms.

Also, think of the calories you have saved by keeping off the wine!

Just think how you'll feel in two months time :)

• Haven't got to give up the wine altogether have i??

• Hi susiejane, I also noticed a difference quite quickly around my waist & hips. I'm doing the slimming world diet at the same tho, but it's got to be the exercise. Keep up the good work.

• it could also be that you are standing taller as you are feeling proud of your achievements :)

bottom will move upwards a bit & bingo wings begin to disappear. some more of the positive side-effects of this running lark.

You may also like...