I've missed a lot running in the dark 🌚 - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,719 members β€’ 136,538 posts

I've missed a lot running in the dark 🌚

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
β€’26 Replies

-2Β°C today, so I made a couple of concessions, a headband under my beanie, and a tee shirt under my long sleeved running top.

I saw a few golfers, and they looked a bit overdressed to me, I wondered how they could walk, let alone swing a club πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈβ›³.

Then again I don't know what they made of my get up (graffiti leggings today 😁)

The high winds have stopped, hopefully for a while, and that made a big difference.

The aim was 30 minutes, I did 35 but felt that I had at least another 10 in me, I'll save that for Sunday!

If the gremlins have got hold, shake them off, it's gorgeous out there today🌞🀩🌞

26 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
lexi6
lexi6Graduate

Absolutely beautiful, lovely photos Jell, I feel like I’m there too. Enjoy your Sunday run. 😎

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to lexi6

Thanks lexi, looking forward to it, but rain is forecast 🌧, still if I didn't run on rainy days I'd hardly ever go 😁

Nilsam
NilsamGraduate

Well done, Jell6. I can see wearing less may make me move faster. You must be hardy. πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘Throw the gremlims in the rough and off we go.

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to Nilsam

Well I wasn't always, this is something that has developed since I started running. Prior to that I was a delicate doily πŸ˜…

Love the idea of chucking gremlins into rough and bunkers!

Nilsam
NilsamGraduate
in reply to Jell6

Ooh good another benefit to add to the list - well done. Happy running (and gremlin chucking) :-)

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to Nilsam

😁

Lovely photos and great post. Inspiring!

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to edwardkerrison

Thank you 🀩

Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate

Fab run Jell. It was a balmy 2degrees for me this morning so only needed a tee shirt & 3/4 leggings πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Have fun SundayπŸ‘πŸ»

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to Oldlady57

Crikey, you are a tough cookie πŸͺ😁

Oldlady57
Oldlady57Graduate
in reply to Jell6

Nope, it’s an age thingπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

MrWomble
MrWombleGraduate

Sounds like it was a great run and you got some great photos! The graffiti leggings sound like fun too.

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to MrWomble

They are great and I have some Koala ones on order, can't wait 🐨🐨

Gorgeous views Jell. Not the usual location for graffiti!

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to ktsok

Thanks ktsok , normally a bit of bird graffiti about, nothing as surprising as my legs😬

Roxdog
RoxdogGraduate

How beautiful! Glad you're enjoying your consolidation runs!

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to Roxdog

Well, not always enjoyable, but I'm trying to add a bit of distance again, aiming to maybe do 1 longer run per week, but I'm not putting any pressure on myself 😊, runs like this morning are lovely though.

It has been such a good day and there was a bit of warmth in the sun, what a beautiful place to run, I love seeing all the different places people run

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to WillowandSola

I like seeing other people's runs too, I envy the coastal ones!πŸŒŠβ›΅

WillowandSola
WillowandSolaGraduate
in reply to Jell6

We’ve missed the coast during various storms that have made it just too windy and wet

Jell6
Jell6Graduate

I can imagine!, more windy weather on the way too.

We are pretty protected from extremes of weather where I live, but I have family in Wales on the coast who have been quite badly affected.

Apart from the heat there's a lot to be said for summer running πŸ₯΅

WillowandSola
WillowandSolaGraduate
in reply to Jell6

We started running in the summer and loved being hot, quite a few trees down our way and some flooding but not as much as coastal Wales

Jell6
Jell6Graduate

Honestly, I find it really exhausting πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅!

WillowandSola
WillowandSolaGraduate
in reply to Jell6

Come to think of it we were only running a minute or three at a time πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ not sure how we would manage running for half an hour plus but i did like having tanned shoulders and legs then we went on holiday and i sat by the pool laughing and laughing at my white feet

Speedy60
Speedy60Graduate

Lovely post and lovely photos πŸ˜ƒ

I was running past people who looked like Nanook of the North today. I was wearing t shirt and leggings.

Jell6
Jell6Graduate
in reply to Speedy60

Thanks Speedy! When I started running (March 2018) I wore several more layers, and long pants over my leggings. Then again there is a lot more walking in the first few weeks of the programme. By March 2019 those over pants were a distant memory .....

You may also like...