Rain run: Hi I am new to the group and just got... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
87,270 members119,244 posts

Rain run

Dbte
Dbte
7 Replies

Hi I am new to the group and just got 1 run left in week 6. Yesterday was the first time i left the house in the rain to run. As the weeks are going to get wetter, colder and darker i could do with some motivational tips to put my running shoes on in all weathers.

7 Replies
oldestnewest
Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

Great for getting to wk6. You know the weather changes all the time and I think we just get used to running in all weather's. If it's your run day that's that no matter what the weather . Like you I was out yesterday and the rain was torrential . I have a baseball cap and at least it keeps the rain out my eyes. Good luck 😊

1 like
Dbte
Dbte
in reply to Buddy34

Thanks. I know i just need to do it. I should finish week 6 tomorrow but already trying to plan around the weather and find the best time. Going to aim to get up and go straight out regardless. 🤞

1 like
BarbieW
BarbieWGraduate

I have to admit I don’t like going out in the rain but to be quite honest, once I start actually running I barely notice it until I stop again and find I am soaked. One word of advice; don’t delay before getting in that hot shower/bath, or you may start shivering quite alarmingly! Like Buddy I use a baseball cap which for me is essential as I need to keep my glasses on when I run and I don’t have windscreen wipers fitted to them (yet!)

Annieapple
AnnieappleGraduate

Stick to your schedule & become an all weather runner. It’s part of the mental challenge & helps you appreciate those perfect weather runs. The discipline of scheduled run days will get you through to graduation and beyond! Enjoy ☔️ ☀️ 💨

1 like
Getfitok
GetfitokGraduate

I love to run in the rain, it’s cooler, quieter & more fun. I wear my cap to keep the rain out of my eyes & just go for it 👣👣👣

ForbiddenPlanet

This is one way in which running feels like a superpower to me. Rain? Cold? You scarcely notice them once you get going. SO much better than walking!

1 like
daycartes

There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad choices of clothing! You can't change the weather so learn to accept it. Man / woman against the elements, is the way to go.

1 like

You may also like...