Couch to 5K
76,248 members β€’ 107,798 posts

Week 9 run 3 - all done :-)

Wow - what an amazing 9 weeks it has been :-) I haven't posted very much I'm afraid, but I have taken on board all the brilliant advice - I would have had no idea about gait analysis or slow running (my saviour). So much motivation and encouragement too :-)

It has been a great journey and I am so proud to be able to run for 30 minutes now and more importantly, I've enjoyed every minute.

This run was my fastest so far (still slow by many people's standards) and it was a great way to finish the programme :-). I plan to consolidate for 2 possibly 3 weeks and then perhaps think about going further :-).

The programme is awesome :-).

Thursday

33 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Congratulations to you Thursdaynext on completing C25K and graduating πŸŽ“.

To get your graduation badge and the word GRADUATE πŸŽ“ next to your username leave a message on the March graduate post in the pinned posts on the right side of the healthunlocked C25K home page and tell the administrators that you have ran W9R3 of C25K and graduated πŸŽ“ πŸƒ 😊

2 likes

Thank you - I've just applied for my graduate badge :-) πŸŽ“

It's there nowπŸ‘πŸƒπŸŽ“

Congratulations on completing c25k. It has to be the most wonderful feeling of accomplishment. Keep running!

1 like

Thank you :-) it is awesome isn’t it

Congratulations! Yes, the programme is awesome, but you're awesome too... after all, it's you doing the running. :)

1 like

Thank you :-) that made me smile even harder

1 like

Many congratulations on your graduation fellow runner.

This guide to post C25K running may be helpful healthunlocked.com/couchto5...…….what-next

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

thank you :-) I have run every run, so far, with a big grin - long may it last :-)

1 like

Congratulations and well done

1 like

Thank you 😊

Well done

1 like

Thank you 😊

You’re a runner!!! Fantastic achievement x think back 9 weeks, how brilliant are you. Well done x

1 like

Thanks - it has been a fab 9 weeks.

I finished this week too!! This is the second time I’ve completed the programme (I was at least 8 years younger last time) and I have to say I feel like a real runner this time around.

Congratulations and thank you for saying you’re a slow runner, that’s how I feel too. I’m (slowly) trying to work up to 10km/hour so I hit the couch to 5 k mark wIthin the 30mins, then maybe pushing for longer runs.

1 like

Woohoo - well done to you London25K too. Enjoy your journey to 10km an hour - I am trying to add some speed now.

Woo hoo! Love it when a plan comes together 😁

1 like

Thank you :-)

1 like

Very well done. I know how hard it can be sometimes to just get out there so, to complete is awesome. I too am consolidating.... not getting much faster but so what !xx

1 like

I would love to get a little faster but I am just over the moon that I can run for a sustained amount of time now :-) Anything more is a bonus.

Congratulations.... what a great accomplishment!!! Hope you enjoy taking your running further !!!

1 like

Many congratulations. I've just done 10 consolidation runs and this morning added a little more distance onto it. I hope you enjoy continuing your journey as much as I am!

1 like

Glad you are enjoying it too :-) I can't wait for the next stage - a little faster and longer in the coming months will be perfect.

1 like

Brilliant! well done you πŸ‘πŸ‘

Congratulations!!!!!! ❀️πŸ’ͺ

1 like

1 like

Well done you..

1 like

Well done runner, your pace will come without you even thinking about it, so long as you just keep at it, I do half hour twice in the week before work, then a longer one at the weekend, and without realising I'm covering the same distance in less time, just need to keep adjusting the route to fill the time again. Well done again!

1 like

Brilliant - thank you Gmt_74. I have found even over the last couple of weeks that I have increased my pace and the final run was my fastest yet (slow for most people). So I felt I finished on a double high :-)

You may also like...