Couch to 5K
81,654 members112,978 posts

Running songs

What songs motivate you to keep going? 🙂

I find myself listen to bubbly, bouncy pop songs that I’d never listen to outside of a run...but whatever helps!

15 Replies
oldestnewest

My choice of running music is just as bizarre as the fact I am actually running, not sure what I have become! But pop music definately motivates me more than metal on a run so I'm just going with it!

1 like

Agreed!

A random rock song thrown in sometimes helps me too 😄

1 like

I have one dance/pop playlist and one rock/metal playlist but the former gets much more air time, must be something about Britney telling me to 'work bitch' 😂

Actually 80's power ballads fun to run to too!

I’m fairly into thrash and death metal, but I don’t run to the tempo of the songs I play. Usually they are just background as my coach speaks to me, when I’m not on a coached run I tend to go for a podcast instead of music.

2 likes

Podcast is a great idea, something to focus on! May give it a go post couch to 5k

I also have a power song for each run if I need a boost I just tap a button... sometimes I keep it for speed, but on occasions I’ve loaded up some weird stuff... Churchill’s Speech off Iron Maiden’s live after death is good for me to start a long run on.

I made a Spotify playlist of mostly “cheese” yes slightly embarrassed but no one else can hear (apart from when I’m singing along) 😂

I thought that 2 different wrong ways before I noticed the quotes 😂. First I was trying to think how many songs about cheese I actually have, must be a few 😂. Then I thought of Richard Cheese... and will now be running to his stuff soon!

1 like

Cheesy pop ! I can’t think of a song with the word “cheese” in it 🤔😂

I think they’re all comedy... Tim Minchin did a song called cheese, I think there’s a few more, all even more obscure 😂

2 likes

Cheesus He Knows Us. Genesis

Sorry I just had to .

1 like

😂

Try a few of Jancanrun's playlists.

I’ve not been at it long so just put a “massive dance classics album” on and ended up doing the five minute walk at the end to “Bonkers” by Dizzee Rascal - couldn’t have planned it better if I’d tried 🤪

I even run to Country sometimes 😳

I like guitar blues to get me up steep hills. Good wordy songs for very long runs so Bob Dylan features a lot

I did - and still do - the Sami Murphy podcasts, and there was lots of music new to me on there Love most of the tracks, and there are loads 😃. Free fun for those graduating from 5k and looking to go further Plenty of pop on there

You may also like...