Couch to 5K
73,589 members105,548 posts

Week 4 Run 2

So pleased completed Run 2 thought I was going slower and taking it easier and instead was slightly quicker. It was bloody cold and finished sweating buckets when warm down done. One run of week 4 to go then the thought of week 5 and being different every day is a bit of worry. Any advice for Week 5?.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Great job. Pace is a funny thing... when you control it, it seems slower, but it’s also more consistent and so often faster.

Week 5 is amazing. The runs are all different... W1R1 was very different to the week before... and that’s the biggest step up you’ll ever do. Run 1 and run 2 are similar, the differences aren’t big. Run 3 looks scary... but when you add the brisk walk breaks of the first two in, you’ll see run 3 is actually the shortest of the week. All you have to do with week 5 is keep that pace under control and love those runs... this week will show you how awesome you really are... embrace it, enjoy it, love it.

3 likes

Thanks for the advice

2 likes

This was helpful thx. I’ve just got to W4R1 today too. I hadn’t dared look at what week 5 has to offer!

1 like

Always looked in advance to see what was coming up and Week 5 is unusual as all different.

1 like

I think 4 weeks of running makes SUCH a difference to your overall health and fitness that it's understandable that you're going faster. Fabulous achievement! Look forward to week 5 - in my mind it's the week I become a proper runner and not a fat man pretending! :)

2 likes

Slow and steady. That’s all you need to know. You can do it x

1 like

You’re at the same stage as me! I was disappointed as my week4r2 time was slower than the first but I was being careful because of ice. I guess the main thing is to complete it!! So pleased to have gotten this far!!

1 like

Well done run 3 will be on friday weather permitting

1 like

I've done W4R2. Got to say week 5 looks hard!

Slow and easy seems to be the instruction so will try and complete the final run tonight

You may also like...