Couch to 5K
71,191 members103,301 posts

W7R1

Done and dusted - on a dull day :( in my 1st ever pair of running shoes :)

It's amazing how daunting the prospect of 25 minutes is at the beginning of the run and now, looking back on it, I feel as though it flashed by - looking forward to Wednesday for W7R2.

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Yay! Well done. I'm a run behind you and cheering you on!

Thanks! Good luck!

Well done.

1 like

Brilliant. Well done 👏👏

1 like

Awesome sauce - well done. I did the very same run this morning and survived! Roll on Wednesday.

1 like

Well done 😊

1 like

Same run here, is it me or is it actually getting easier?!?! 🤣

1 like

Bizarrely, I think it is actually getting easier!

1 like

I did wk7 run 1 on Monday so I’m on the same schedule as you, I’ve downloaded strava to check the stats, times weren’t great but hopefully by run 3 they’ll be slightly better, saying that the important number is my BP which has come down a good bit since I started so All is good. Well done btw.

That's great about your BP. I must look into strava - sounds v useful.

Well done to you too!

I had used the stats from the Fitbit app on the longer runs but this gives you a bit more detail, Fitbit would give you average pace but as there’s 10 mins of walking it wasn’t very accurate, this breaks it down so you know what pace you did every km, it’s free too so there’s nothing to lose by trying it.

1 like

Well done!!!! What trainers did you get for running & where they comfortable?

I actually completed run 3 week 6 a 25mins without stopping(Yeeh) keep going Ibex it's helping me....to follow you ....

I searched this forum for info re shoes (which was really useful) and wanted to have a gait analysis done but not available within reasonable travel time.

The sales assistant used to do gait analysis so that was helpful.

Got a pair of asics GT 2000 6 and some running socks (amazed that the running socks are left–right specific!)

They're very comfortable - made a difference: lighter feeling to my feet and less joint pain the day after the run.

Congrats on completing run 3 week 6!

You may also like...