Couch to 5K
54,856 members87,357 posts

First Fail Run

Have just come back from my first fail run in this program, well not in the programme because I graduated last week.....so this has been my first week without Jo and I have been totally lost. I have tried using Map my Run, but we are not getting on at all....it told me this morning that I had run 14 km......not true.....anyway think I have learnt two things this morning. Drinking prosecco and eating kebabs the night before a run just doesn’t work and I need Jo back. So I have decided I am just going to keep repeating week 9 until I feel I have consolidated my 30 min running 🤣🏃‍♀️🤣🏃‍♀️

Happy running everyone

25 Replies
oldestnewest

I’m doing that too Ally25. I know I don’t have to stick rigidly to it now but it helps. I change the coach for variety too. 👍🏻

2 likes

I might try that too, thank you 😊

1 like

If you went out and ran then you didn't "fail". You could only do that if you didn't even get out the door. 😉

It's a strange transition when you leave the programme behind and you need to have an idea or at least the tech ready to work with you.

It was still a run. Kebab and prosecco probably not the best mind! 🤣

Try free version of Strava. Or just run your normal 30 min route. It worked for the programme 👍😁

3 likes

Thank you for those encouraging words, I am still sitting at my table sweaty and feeling sad about not doing my 30 mins, but you have put a smile back on my face....you are right, not going out would be a fail......will download strava and give it a go....and no more procecco and kebabs for me 🤣🤣

1 like

That's it 😉👍

Plan the next one now. You know its going to be better 😁

1 like

To manage up to this point without a "fail" is still some going.

You know why it didn't go right today so you can fix that easily.

1 like

Aaaw thank you trogdelight......will keep going 😀👏🏻😀👏🏻 happy running

You could do C25k+ Stepping Stones podcasts with the lovely Laura to hold your hand Moving you on but you are still in familiar ground 🙂

1 like

Thank you will check that too, I do love this, everyone is so kind with their encouragement and inspiring words 😀 happy running

Can’t understand why you think you failed. You’ve graduated and you’re carrying on. I guess we don’t have run a full 30 mins every time anyway. A run is a run and your next one will be fine. Try making a play list of energising tracks that last the 30 mins to keep you on track - that should help.

Thank you 😊 will that a go

I drank a shed load of pink gin last night and struggled this morning managed 25 minutes just. X

1 like

Lol, 🤣🤣 impressed with that......25 mins well done.....last time I had pink gin I was very 🤢 however it was mixed with prosecco, as you can tell my preferred drink.....think it may be proves that drinking the night before makes running a little bit more challenging the next day 😀😀 x

1 like

Yes it definitely does! Prosecco mix sound yum tho! I stuck with pink lemonade. X 😊

Try Strava I’ve found that quite accurate. Also map my route good as you can preplan a route and it lets you know how long your run will be

1 like

Thank you very much....will give that a try , both sound good options, I guess it’s trying and seeing which suits you best and works for you 😀

1 like

Ahhh don’t be hard on yourself hun, we learn more from a bad run, you obviously know your mistakes and know how to correct it so keep going and think of it as a learning curve 😃

1 like

You are so right, I’ve been thinking about it and I think it needed to happen so I learn how to move on and know what I can and can’t do, thank you for supportive words 😀

Honestly I had a very similar run last Sunday... all went wrong somehow and now just a week on and somethings clicked and I’m really enjoying it. So don’t despair just keep at it 😊

1 like

👏🏻👏🏻 thank you, will do.....my worry is that i give up and I really don’t want that to happen......so you have inspired me to keep going 😀😀

No don’t give up or dwell on a bad run, onwards to the next better run 😉

I have got 2 more runsto do then I am planning on just playing the last 30 min run over and over until I get my speed up or feel like I want to go further....no fail...just a shorter run 😁😁

1 like

Thank you, you’re right it was just a shorter run......good luck with your next two runs and then graduation....well done 👏🏻👏🏻😀😀

Thanks Ally still can't quite believe what I've done 😁😁

1 like

Something awesome and something to be proud of, that’s what we are all doing with this programme 🤗

1 like

You may also like...